HDPE Geomembrane in Ghana?
The High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) geomembrane liners are utilized in a myriad of containment uses. It is available as smooth and textured white, conductive, and high-temperature variations, this product has exceptional endurance and chemical resistance and is highly reliable in outdoor applications. It also provides excellent UV protection and resistance to aging against the extreme stresses of the weather.
HDPE geomembranes come in a range of finishes for the surface, including smooth, textured, and conductor. Textured finishes offer higher friction angles that prevent the slippage of materials adjacent to each other when lining steep slopes, while smooth geomembranes are the preferred option for projects that require low permeability. Because of the rigidity of HDPE field seaming done by Geonor’s geomembrane installers who are trained is usually required.
Conductive Geomembrane in Ghana:
Conductive geomembrane liners are HDPE geomembranes that are spark-tested with an integrated, specially-formulated conductive layer that is placed at the bottom of the geomembrane. Conductive geomembrane liners are easily assessed for damage post-installation by using equipment that can perform spark testing on the spot.
HDPE Geomembrane in Ghana for High Temperature:
High-Temperature Geomembranes are specially engineered HDPE geomembranes that can maintain their physical and mechanical properties even when exposed to temperatures as high as 212oF. This new formulation gives superior mechanical performance and enhanced chemical stability even at higher temperatures, in addition to the typical characteristics of polyethylene geomembranes.
It is also worth taking an interest in the Hot Liquid Rated (HLR Series) of geomembrane liner with high temperature designed specifically for use in applications where the geomembrane liner will come into contact with heat-sensitive fluids, or be exposed conditions.
HDPE Geomembrane in Ghana can be used in many different lining applications, including:
- Concrete tank liners
- Pond liner
- Power plants
Our assistance ranges from support in selecting the right material to full geomembrane installations as well as project management and quality control.
High-Density Polyethylene Geomembrane in Ghana:
HDPE geomembrane liners are the most popular liner for projects. HDPE liner is resistant to a variety of solvents, and they are also the most extensively utilized geomembrane liner around the world. While HDPE geomembrane has less flexibility than LLDPE but it offers greater specific strength and is able to endure higher temperatures. Its remarkable UV and chemical resistance make it a highly economical product.
Benefits of HDPE Geomembrane in Ghana:
- The strongest chemically resistant member in the polyethylene group is due to its dense arrangement.
- Field-welded using hot wedge welders as well as extrusion welding. The factory-quality weldings are much stronger than the sheet.
- The top tests for QC-QA in the market.
- There is no need for a liner cover as it’s UV stable, which is cost-effective.
- Available in rolls, they are available in different thicknesses that range between 20 and 120 mil according to your needs.
Applications of Geomembrane in Ghana:
- Irrigation ponds, canals, ditches & water reservoirs
- Mining heap leach & slag tailing ponds
- Golf course & decorative ponds
- Caps for landfill cells and covers and caps
- Wastewater lagoons
- Secondary containment systems/cells
- Liquid containment
- Environmental containment
- Soil Remediation
Technical Notes Of HDPE Geomembrane in Ghana:
- HDPE is a complex product to use. It should be installed by certified welding technicians who use specific welding equipment to ensure performance.
- Installations are temperature and weather-sensitive.
- The 40-mill HDPE liner demands more effort to ensure it is kept in a great state. It is a great alternative to products such as 20 mil RPE for bigger installations. It’s an ideal secondary containment liner for multi-layer systems (for instance, geotextile layer, subgrade, 40 mil
- HDPE layer, drainage net layer, 60 mil HDPE layer, geotextile layer, fill.)
- 60 millimeter HDPE is the most popular in the market and is ideal for all applications.
- The liner of 80 mil HDPE is a more robust design to accommodate more robust subgrades.
Call us at:
● TAMALE: +233 54 444 4290 / +233 54 013 1112
● ACCRA: +233 55 266 1304 / +233 54 010 3999
● TARKWA: +233 55 266 1304 / +233 55 044 8165
● TAKORADI: +233 55 044 8165
● HO: +233 54 013 1113
● WA: +233 54 013 1114
1. What is the difference between Geomembrane and Geotextile?
The geomembrane is made of high-density polyethylene, which is used to prevent seepage, while the geotextile is made of non-woven fabric.