The Solar panels consist of cells that convert sunlight into electricity. When the sun isn’t shining directly on the panel, it isn’t producing any energy. But when it does shine directly on the cell, it charges it up — at least until the next sunless night.
Many African countries have felt the pleasures of electrical power for the first time much obliged to this modern Technology. These panels have evolved into one of the most useful technologies ever. They turn out to be a game-changer when it comes to providing electricity in bulk.
With panels being so affordable now, it doesn’t take a huge amount of money to go green. More and more homeowners in Ghana are installing them on their roofs, and it’s growing more popular each year. As more people become aware of the benefits of solar power, more people are installing it on their roofs.
Let’s talk more about them.
The cost of a solar panel varies depending on the quality of the panel and the location of the installation. A quality panel will last longer and costs less to replace than cheaper panels.
Their prices have come down a lot in recent years, making them more affordable than traditional forms of renewable energy. As well, panels have become more specialized, with more features available on them. You can go for panels with storage capability, which can help you at times when you don’t have access to traditional electricity.
Let’s check the types of Solar Panels available in Ghana and their prices.
These solar panels are made of a single crystal of silicon. And it has the strength to convert the highest amount of solar energy into electricity. These panels will cost you between $150-350 USD per panel or GHC 876-2045 per panel.
The solar panels are made of several crystals of silicon in a single PV cell. Polycrystalline solar panels are more environmentally friendly than panels But less effective than monocrystalline solar. It will cost you between $100-250 USD per panel or GHC 584-1460 per panel.
The cells are a combination of various PV cells. Film solar Panels are flexible and lightweight But less effective than Monocrystalline Solar Panels. These cells will cost you between $125-200 USD per panel or GHC 730-1168 per panel.
Why we should go with Solar Panels let take a look at the advantages and disadvantages of Solar Panels
Solar Panels are becoming increasingly popular because of their number of advantages –
- Pollution-free energy, saving money on energy bills, and helps tackle climate change.
- They will not only reduce your monthly expenses, but you’ll also be improving the environment by using renewable energy.
- It provides electricity 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If we could harness the sun’s power directly.
- Solar Panels can provide enough energy to light up entire countries and power entire buildings without having to build any new facilities.
- With solar panels, you don’t have to worry about paying for expensive utility bills that come and go without you using them up.
- They can also help reduce our dependence on fossil fuels and reduce greenhouse gas emissions associated with global warming.
Before you shop take a look at some of their disadvantages –
Solar panels are an excellent technique to generate clean and renewable energy. However, they come with some drawbacks that you need to be aware of before purchasing one.
- Damaged or underpowered panels, intermittent power, high cost to install, and no guarantee that the energy you produce will be used at your intended time.
- You will also need to maintain the panels regularly as they pack up heavily with waste products from the sun’s energy.
- Sometimes providing enough energy to light a small house, and sometimes not. It depends upon the Sun.
- The panels themselves are also vulnerable to damage from weather events and high winds.
What is a Solar Panel?
It is a photovoltaic device that converts sunlight into electricity. It is usually attached to the roof or wall of a house or building to generate electricity for the house and reduce costs during the summertime when electricity is expensive. They are also considered to be a form of renewable energy.
Types of Solar Panel?
They are made from different types of materials and therefore have different attributes. Currently, there are three types of solar panels available in the market.
- Monocrystalline ( High Efficiency and performance )
- Polycrystalline ( Low Efficiency and performance )
- Thin-film ( Low efficiency and performance )
Do Solar Panels work?
Solar Panels work great to produce clean energy. While installing them in your house you will reduce your carbon footprint.
How much does Solar Panel cost in Ghana?
Its cost in Ghana depends upon which type of Solar Panels are you picking up.
- Mono-crystalline type will cost you between $ 150-350 USD per panel or GHC 876-2045 per panel.
- Poly-crystalline type will cost you between $ 100-250 USD per panel or GHC 584-1460 per panel.
- Film type will cost you between $ 125-200 USD per panel or GHC 730-1168 per panel.
Note: GHC prices may vary. The prices in GHC mentioned in the blog are written as per the current price at the time of writing the blog.
What is the cost of installation in Ghana?
You can hire a good Professional company in Ghana to install them. These companies can charge you a little high but they will provide you with the best installation which will last for many years. You can contact HTC Ghana for installation. SOLPOWER is a brand under the bandwagon of HTC Ghana that deals with everything solar.
● TAMALE: +233 54 444 4290 / +233 54 013 1112
● ACCRA: +233 55 266 1304 / +233 54 010 3999
● TARKWA: +233 55 266 1304 / +233 55 044 8165
● TAKORADI: +233 54 010 3001
● HO: +233 54 013 1113
● WA: +233 54 013 1114
CREDITS: <a href=”https://www.freepik.com/photos/technology”>Technology photo created by wirestock – www.freepik.com</a>
<a href=”https://www.freepik.com/photos/people”>People photo created by prostooleh – www.freepik.com</a>