A metal cutting disk is a kind of grinding device that can be used to break an enormous piece of metal into various pieces. It usually has Abrasive grains that are held in the correct position by the aid of a bond matrix, and then separated from each other by pores. The pores are usually helpful in removing the scraps of metal as well as aiding the disc to remain in place.
We are going to talk more about these tools for grinding and provide some important information on these tools. So, let’s get straight into the details.
Types of Metal Cutting Disc
In the end, there are a variety of kinds of metal cutting disc modules that are available on the market. Here’s all you should know about them.
The Grinding Wheel:
The grinding wheel discs are usually made having a sharp edge. This, in turn, aids in eliminating the edges of metal that are rough. In addition, they move at a good speed, too. Thus, the entire duration of the work is accelerated also. However, if you’re employing it for your work make sure you use the appropriate precautions.
Unlike the grinding wheels, The cut-off wheel tends to be light and slim profile. It can cut through even the strongest metal pieces quite efficiently. A majority of people prefer using the cutting discs cut off from metal for work with rebars plates, bolts, etc. However, prior to using something, you must determine if the diameter of the tool works with the wheel or not.
Regarding aesthetics, diamond discs appear more appealing than other alternatives. Additionally, they typically have a top-of-the-line cutting capability, and as such, they are able to cut through virtually all things and everything. They also come with an impregnated edge that will help smooth the rough edges of a metal part. The main issue with diamond discs is they’re rather expensive.
Ceramic Sanding disc:
In contrast to the three previous alternatives that are available, ceramic sanding discs isn’t very common in the field of professionals. But, they are usually equipped with a reliable design and can be utilized on many different projects. Additionally, due to having excellent ceramic construction, they don’t become overheated in any way. In addition, they are known to have an improved capacity for sanding.
Grades of Metal Cutting Disc
The grade of a cutting disc is usually a reference to the ability to hold the bond. They are usually classified into two distinct grading options. There are –
- For tough and hard materials (carbides)
- To perform rapid stock removal
- For work in larger contact areas.
- To ensure a long-lasting wheel
- To be used on soft materials
- To work on smaller or more narrow contact areas.
Tips on Using a Metal Cutting Disc:
If you’re trying metal cutting discs to cut metal for the very first time in your life make sure you go through the tips below to help you with your project.
- Use the tool at an angle of 900 degrees.
- Be careful not to put excessive pressure on it, or else it may be damaged.
- Be careful not to push the cutting disc of the metal in the component made of metal.
- Choose a model which has a lot of torque or amps
- Make sure to not over-lean on the steel when you’re using a thin cutting disc
- It should be stored in a dry, well-maintained area to prevent rust from forming.
Metal cutting discs can be great multi-purpose tools. They can be used with any type of equipment to finish your job with ease. Check out the dimensions of the disc as well as the warranty duration prior to investing in Metal Cutting Disc.
1. Can grinding discs cut metal?
You can use it to cut any type of metal such as pipes, bolts steel, iron or sheet. It is necessary to use an abrasive disc for cutting metal. Place the disc in the grinder, then place the metal on an even surface. It should be secured well to the surface using C-clamp.
2. What is a metal cutoff disc?
The cutting discs are constructed exactly like the smaller ones of an angle mill, using abrasive resin that is bonded or is made from metal that has diamond-coated edges. A cutoff saw is utilized to cut larger objects such as the heavy-duty metal stock and metal studs and also for cutting large metal pipes.
3. What is an angle grinder?
An angle grinder is an electrically or pneumatically powered handheld tool used by welders for grinding, cutting and polishing metals.
4. How to use a cutting disc with an angle grinder?
Call us at:
● TAMALE: +233 54 444 4290 / +233 54 013 1112
● ACCRA: +233 55 266 1304 / +233 54 010 3999
● TARKWA: +233 55 266 1304 / +233 55 044 8165
● TAKORADI: +233 55 044 8165
● HO: +233 54 013 1113
● WA: +233 54 013 1114